POWER BAR - Power Gel Original
The C2Max Dual Source Carb Mix in PowerBar® PowerGel™ Original Energy Gels is designed for rapid absorption and transport of energy to working muscles to help improve endurance performance.
Consume 1 to 4 PowerGel™ Original Energy Gel pouches with water per hour of training or racing.
Take into consideration that PowerGel™ Original Green Apple flavor contains 50mg of caffeine per pouch.
Consume 30-90 grams of C2Max Dual Source Carb Mix-containing products per hour of activity (1)
- Target: Up to a 2-3 hrs session/race, 30-60g/hr
- Target: For sessions/races longer than 2-3 hrs, 30-90g/hr
- For best results, start consuming soon after starting exercise and then regularly throughout
- Mix and match from the following C2Max Dual Source Carb Mix-containing products to hit your target hourly carb intake range – see note immediately below about caffeine-containing products
|Product||Grams of C2MAX Dual Source Carb Mix per pouch/serving|
|PowerGel™ Original Energy Gel||25g/pouch|
|PowerGel™ Hydro Liquid Energy Gel||25g/pouch|
|PowerGel™ Shots Gel Filled Energy Chews||48g/pouch|
|PowerBar® IsoActive||29g per 16oz serving|
Target: Latest evidence-based guidelines suggest approximately 3 mg of caffeine per kg body weight for endurance performance improvement before or during endurance activities (2).
- For a 50kg (110 lb) person, 150mg from all sources (food, beverage, etc.)
- For a 75kg (165 lb) person, 225mg from all sources (food, beverage, etc.)
- For a 100kg (220 lb) person, 300mg from all sources (food, beverage, etc.)
|Product||Mgs of Caffeine per pouch|
|PowerGel™ Green Apple Original Energy Gel||50mg/pouch|
|PowerGel™ Mojito Hydro Liquid Energy Gel||50mg/pouch|
|PowerGel™ Cola Shots Gel Filled Energy Chews||75mg/pouch|
- Practice and Train Your Gut
- Always try first in training to see what works best for you
- Recent research suggests you may be able to train yourself to consume more with practice (3)